Bisq is a peer-to-peer trading network, not a centralized service. It’s software you run on your own hardware, not a website run by someone else. It’s open-source and community-driven.
And you can trade bitcoin for fiat currencies with it!
The difference between Bisq and other so-called decentralized exchanges is as stark as the difference between owning your own home and renting someone else’s—in the former case you have full control over the property, and in the latter you’re always subject to the landlord’s whims and demands (no matter how nice the landlord may seem to be).
With Bisq you’re always the owner—not just owner of your bitcoin, but also owner of your data.
- Bisq does not hold any bitcoin. All bitcoin used for trading is held in 2-of-2 multisignature addresses controlled solely by the trading peers themselves.
- Bisq does not hold any national currency. National currency is transferred directly from one trader to the other using traditional banking and payment services.
- All Bisq data is transferred over its own secure peer-to-peer network, which is built on top of the Tor network—no central servers. This means there are no data honeypots, rendering large-scale hacks of customer information databases impossible.
- Bisq does not know anything about traders who use its network, and no data is stored on who trades with whom.
- Bisq does not require registration. This means user privacy is protected, and it also means there is no waiting period to have your account approved for trading.
- Bisq is code, not a company. It is an open-source project organized as a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) built on top of Bitcoin.
Where people buy and sell crypto on their own terms, using any payment method.
Hackers have stolen billions of dollars from centralized exchanges. LocalCryptos offers a different approach.
On LocalCryptos, users trade with each other — not with us.
Using a non-custodial peer-to-peer platform keeps you in control, and protects your wallet from theft.
LocalCryptos serves more than 100,000 crypto traders in 100+ countries